Thursday 31 March 2016

Patisserie Valerie

We heard Patisserie Valerie were selling gluten free goods... so next time we were near a store we bought a few goodies to try:- a ginger biscuit, chocolate brownie and a chocolate chip muffin. These all arrive in store pre-packed from a dedicated bakery and sell at £2.10 to take away.  Also spotted on sale was a macaroon, displayed unwrapped, and with no gluten containing ingredients we gave this a go (but J refused).

The Ginger biscuit was crisp but not too hard and had a lovely gingery flavour.  

J wolfed down the chocolate brownie in no time... so I didn't get chance for a taste.  He said it was "a brownie" so suppose that's good!!


I managed to get a small morcel of the Choc Chip Muffin.... it was nice and moist and, despite this pic, was not crumbly.

I also tried a macaroon... with a lovely moist almondy centre and a crisp outer.  It's no pre-wrapped and is not labelled as gluten free but has no gluten containing ingredients.  Our server got a fresh biscuit out for me rather than taking one from the display (which is open and thus could be a cross contamination risk).

We will definitely return to try more of the gluten free offerings and were pleased to hear there's also a "celebration cake" that can be ordered.  So perhaps this year I won't have to make my own gluten free birthday cake?!
Choc Chip Muffin label

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I think I'll treat myself to a muffin next time I'm in town :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it's been helpful... and that you enjoy your treat!

      Delete